What is a Lip Flip?
A Botox lip flip is a non-surgical, in-office cosmetic procedure designed to turn or “flip” the corners of the lip upward and outward, giving your lip a fuller more youthful appearance.
Where is the Botox injected into my lips?
The procedure is performed by injecting Botox into the middle part of the lip, i.e. Cupid’s Bow, and/or the corners of the lip. The Botox relaxes the muscle around your lip causing the lip to roll or “flip” upward (downward on the lower lip) and outward.
Am I a good candidate for a Lip Flip?
- Individuals who are a good candidate for the procedure include:
- Individuals who want fuller lips with or without a dermal filler
- Individuals whose corner of the mouth turn in, causing the lips to look thin and small
- Individuals who want a less gummy smile
What is the difference between a Lip Flip and dermal filler?
- Both treatments make the lips look fuller and more youthful. However, they do it in different ways.
- Botox weakens the lip muscles. This causes the lip to roll out making the lip look fuller. The actual volume of the lip is not increased.
- Dermal fillers, made of hyaluronic acid, are injected into the lip. These fillers increase the volume of the lips to make them appear fuller.
- Botox lip flips can be combined with fillers to make the lips appear even more full. Lip threads are also being used to help fill the lips and improve wrinkles.
How Much does a Lip Flip Cost?
The cost is between $100 to $500 depending on how many areas need to be injected and the number of Botox units needed.
To learn how a Lip Flip can make your lips look younger, call 804 673-8000 and schedule a consultation at DeConti Plastic Surgery today. Dr. DeConti participates in the Allergan Alle Loyalty Program to help benefit your aesthetic needs.