DeConti Plastic Surgery offers an extensive array of Cosmetic Dermatology and Advanced Dermatology treatments and procedures..
Cosmetic dermatology is a subspecialty of dermatology that focuses on enhancing and improving the appearance of the skin. It encompasses a wide range of non-invasive and minimally invasive procedures designed to enhance one’s appearance, including skin rejuvenation, wrinkle reduction, and skin tightening. It’s important to note that while cosmetic dermatology is not medically necessary, it can have a significant impact on a person’s self-esteem and quality of life.
The most common cosmetic dermatology procedures include:
- Chemical Peels
- TCA Peels
- Phenol Peels
- Glycolic and Salicylic Medical Facials
- Ear Piercing
- Botox Injections: Botox injections are a botox cosmetic treatment that involves injecting a diluted form of botulinum toxin, a substance that temporarily paralyzes muscle activity, into specific facial muscles. The goal of the treatment is to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and other signs of aging caused by repeated muscle contractions. Botox injections are most commonly used in the forehead, between the eyebrows, and around the eyes. The results of the treatment typically last for three to six months, after which another injection is required to maintain the desired effect.
- Dermal Fillers: Dermal fillers are a type of cosmetic treatment that involves injecting a gel-like substance into the skin to add volume and smooth out wrinkles, fine lines, and other signs of aging. Unlike Botox injections, which temporarily paralyze muscle activity, dermal fillers work by physically filling in and plumping up the skin.There are several types of dermal fillers available, each made from different materials and designed to address specific cosmetic concerns. Some common fillers include hyaluronic acid fillers, which add volume and hydration to the skin, and collagen fillers, which are designed to boost the skin’s natural collagen production.
Dermal fillers are often used to enhance the cheeks, lips, and temples, and can also be used to improve the appearance of deep wrinkles, hollows under the eyes, and acne scars. The results of the treatment typically last for several months, depending on the type of filler used and the individual’s skin type.
- Spider and Varicose Veins
- Broken Blood Vessels
- Fine Lines and Facial Wrinkle Treatments
- Laser skin resurfacing
- Laser hair removal
- Laser tattoo removal
- Skin rejuvenation (facials, light therapy, IPL, etc.)
- Sun Damage
- Obagi Skin Care Program
- Skin rejuvenation is a term used to describe various cosmetic treatments that aim to improve the appearance and texture of the skin. The goal of skin rejuvenation is to make the skin look clearer, smoother, and more youthful.
There are several different types of skin rejuvenation treatments, including:
- Chemical peels: Chemical peels involve applying a chemical solution to the skin, which causes the top layer of skin to peel off and reveals a new, smoother layer of skin.
- Microdermabrasion: Microdermabrasion is a minimally invasive procedure that uses fine crystals or a diamond-tipped wand to remove the top layer of dead skin cells.
- Lasers: Lasers can be used to improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, and other skin imperfections.
- Radiofrequency (RF) treatments: RF treatments use radio waves to penetrate the skin and stimulate collagen production, which can help to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Microneedling: Microneedling involves using fine needles to create tiny punctures in the skin, which can stimulate the skin’s natural healing process and boost collagen production.
As a highly credentialed surgeon with the American Board of Plastic Surgery and training in Craniofacial Surgery, he is an expert in the intimate details of facial skin and muscle anatomy. This knowledge allows Dr. DeConti to evaluate and perform all cosmetic dermatologic procedures accurately and effectively for the finest and most optimum results with the least amount of risk.
To learn more on how Cosmetic Dermatology can help you look younger, call 804 673-8000 and schedule a facial rejuvenation consultation at DeConti Plastic Surgery today. Dr. DeConti participates in the Allergan Brilliant Distinctions Loyalty Program to help benefit your aesthetic needs.